March 7, 2016
- Call to order
David Boal called to order the regular meeting of the ENCFCA at 9:31pm on March 7, 2016 at KickBack Jack’s in Greenville, NC. Guest speaker was Coach Rich Skrosky, head football coach at Elon University.
- Roll call
Ron Cook conducted a roll call. The following persons were present: *Need a sign in sheet next meeting*
- Approval of minutes from last meeting
The minutes were approved through email by David Boal, but were not read aloud during the meeting due to an extended presentation by Coach Skrosky.
- Open issues
- 8 quarter rule – Do we want to keep it or get rid of it. All coaches present agreed on keeping the 8 quarter rule in effect as it is written. The only thing coaches would like to emphasize is that ALL coaches use common wording and be consistent on what we need and use it for. Everyone should have the same, if not similar, answer to the question; “Why do we need or use the 8 quarter rule?” and “What’s considered an emergency?”
- Andy presented a rising issue with new charter and parochial schools popping up in NC and recruiting public school student-athletes. We discussed how we should organize and present a unified statement to the NCHSAA.
- Heads Up Football – David Boal introduced the possibility for ENCFCA members to become heads up certified this coming May. To get a master teacher to present the program we would need a minimum of 40 coaches to sign up at a possible cost of $15 per coach. The target date for this event will be on a Friday at the beginning of May.
- New business
- June 13 – Appalachian State will be holding a camp at JH Rose High School. Times will be announced.
- April 2 – Winston-Salem State University will be having a spring scrimmage at Hunt High School. Times will be announced.
David Boal adjourned the meeting at 10:05pm.
Minutes submitted by: Ron Cook
Minutes approved by: David Boal
0 comments on “March 2016 Meeting Minutes”